We have a deal! Or, at least, a “framework” agreement between Iran and the E3/EU+3. Whether the negotiators can hammer out the details by June 30, especially on the timing of sanctions relief, remains to be seen but the terms of the deal look pretty strong.
Aaron and Jeffrey run through what we know, what we think and what we wonder about the Iran nuclear deal. Then Max Fisher from Vox joins to talk about what its like to cover the Iran issue.
- Joint Statement by EU High Representative Federica Mogherini and Iranian Foreign Minister Javad Zarif in Switzerland.
- “Parameters for a Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action Regarding the Islamic Republic of Iran’s Nuclear Program,” April 2,2105. White House Fact Sheet.
- Jeffrey Lewis, “A Skeptic’s Guide to the Iran Nuclear Deal: The mostly good, the slightly bad, and where it could all fall apart,” April 2, 2015.
- Max Fisher, “This is an astonishingly good Iran deal,” Interview with Aaron Stein, Vox.com, April 2, 2015.
- Max Fisher, “What everyone gets wrong about Iran nuclear negotiations,” Interview with Jeffrey Lewis (special guest appearances by certain toddlers), Vox.com, March 31, 2015.
- Here is the farsi version of the Agreed Statement
Follow the hosts & guest on Twitter:
Subscribe to the podcast in iTunes